Saturday, September 22, 2007

Big old Saturday night! Yeah!

Spending my Saturday night at home...likely doing Latin. Woo!! Ha ha...

The week ended out nicely - the new book was helpful to have, though I've not got any of my handy penciled-in notes in the new one. Maybe one day when I'm really bored I'll go about adding the more important ones in, but for now I'll just keep both books at hand.

So guess what happened to me on Friday? I woke up at 7:30, had my shower, ate my breakfast and started reviewing for my quizzes that day. Nothing unusual here (unless you count the wake-up time!). Then I'm doing the dishes while watching Martha, just after 10 AM when it finally dawns on me - my Greek class started at 10!! For whatever reason, I had it in my head that it was 11:30. That was a shock. So I grabbed all my books and ran out to the bus. I made it to class half an hour late, but there was no way I wasn't going to show up at all! Thankfully the class is a little slow-moving right now and I had only missed going over the rest of the vocabulary list in our text. It's also a good thing that the quiz is always given at the end of class. No harm done.

Doug and I got the chance to chat after Greek, which was pretty awesome. He's in my Greek class too and we seem to have a fair bit in common (aside from him being American and currently sick). He's also got pretty good taste in music, a clever blog and a similarily low tolerance for stupidity in the classroom.

Latin was better for some reason on Friday. I think what we're going over now might be something that professor #6 taught us at Carleton when I took Latin II over in 2006. Or I'm just finally "getting it." Whatever it is, I'm thankful! The quiz wasn't too awful either...mind you, I haven't gotten it back, so it could really go either way. We'll see on Monday.

In the mean time, I thought I'd post some stellar marks I've been getting in Greek - one is a quiz and the other is my homework assignment. I suppose I'd really like to know how other people are doing in the class too, but I guess all that really matters is how I'm doing. Still...the competitive side of me is dying to know how many of my fellow classmates I'm trouncing in the marks department.



4 comments:

Stavroula said...

I'm dying to know what psakazo means :-/

katie said...

It doesn't mean anything. The point of the quiz was to spell ancient Greek words in a way that someone unfamiliar with the language or how it should sound could pronounce it in English. Like if I handed a sheet of nonsense to my mother she'd read it aloud and it would construct (as closely as possible) an ancient Greek sentence.

Stavroula said...

But ancient Greek words mean something. What does psakazo mean? I know psekazo...

katie said...

Sorry, I haven't got a clue what it means - that quiz was from the first week...we didn't have to know the vocab. And I checked our lists - we haven't gone over this word, nor does it appear we will in this textbook. If I come across it though, I'll let you know!