Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A little of this, a little of that

What I can't quite understand about these classmates of mine, is why they spend so much time fighting with the professor over things they're not likely to have an impact upon...say, oh, the way the professor chooses to mark! If she is used to marking in that manner, live with it and stop looking for ways to improve your odds at a better mark through less work.

Appropriately enough, both my classes are plagued with senseless commenters. Was university always like this?

I feel quite bad for a girl who just picked up our Greek class today...that's a heap of information to have missed! Silently I was thankful that we didn't do a refresher for her though, nor was anyone asked to help bring her up to speed - it appears she knows someone in the class anyway. Man, what horrid course selection is that on her part. Poor thing.

I'm happy to report that I received a 5.5/5 on my Greek quiz. I'm on a little Greek roll....or should that be a dolmathakia...hee hee...

So to recap where I'm at...
Greek: feeling good about the alphabet, pronunciation, accents and getting started on the first declension. No feelings of dread, nothing I can't handle. Looking forward to the thinning of the class next semester and possibly building a new peer group, since, you know, everyone I did my BA with is gone!
Latin: feeling not-so-hot here, feels like some major concepts may have flown over my head in previous classes and I'm having trouble picking up the pieces. In all honesty, I would benefit from some more structure in my study...I might have to buy myself an egg timer and set out allotments each day of what I should cover.

No comments: