Monday, October 1, 2007

A little bit of Latin

Our Latin professor was away for a conference, so Friday and today we're having a substitute - professor #4! It was nice to have her as a teacher again...I find I actually really enjoy her style. I do like professor #7, but there's a familiarity with professor #4 that I missed. As an added plus, we covered something in class that'd I'd done at Carleton, so I feel better about Latin this week.

My Greek midterm is this Thursday. After the quiz on Friday I'm feeling pretty anxious about this. Thankfully I took my vocab and paradigm cards on my crazy 3.5 hour bus trip this weekened. Enough said on that topic, but at least it was helpful.

I've decided I'd like to look into books on inscriptions and short forms for Latin and Greek - like the kinds you'd find on monuments and pottery etc. I think those would be invaluable resources to have and I think I'd find the languages a bit more interesting.

No comments: