Friday, September 14, 2007

Classroom observations

Ok, I get it. I was a much younger student once. I know how wonderful it can be to roll out of bed and walk to class. Now, however, I take total offense to this practice. Especially when this involves you sitting beside me, far too close thanks to university chair-placement standards, all greasy from the previous night and with the morning breath to match. Ugh. Total ugh. I took the time to have a shower, dress in fresh clothing and make myself not only presentable, but inoffensive to your olfactory glands. I appreciate the same.

While I'm discussing offensive habits, I might as well make two other observations.

You! Smartypants! No one, cares about your input on every topic discussed - this is not a class for discussion like your philosophy classes (yes, we've heard about them already!). We are here to learn and, truth be told, the professor would like to teach, but your interjections make this hard...and you are clearly becoming bothersome.

Same goes for you. I appreciate that you're asking questions and no one would deny you that. However, once you've gotten the answer you don't have to explain your incorrect thought trying to explain why you asked the question in the first place - that confuses all of us and is unnecessary word garbage when we're already trying ever so hard to sort through the words that are actually relevant to our learning.

I suppose that's all. Not directly involved in learning ancient languages, but if my environment is hard to ignore, certainly absorbing any of the knowledge given in class might be a problem.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Oh my goodness yes. I agree so heartily. Those people who just ask questions to show what they know, I hate them too. Also the people who ask questions literally ten seconds after the professor gave that information. I am hoping that the class thins before too long.