Thursday, September 13, 2007

Latin and the never-ending butt-kicking

While I was doing the dishes tonight it occurred to me that I've let myself fall right back into my habits with Latin. As in, I'm going in defeated, which is not going to help matters in any way. I didn't go back to school to take on a defeatist attitude and let this language walk all over me. As my dad would say, "Get your head outta your butt." Not exactly eloquent, but spot on in this matter. I'm giving up and I haven't even really tried. That's no good and it has to stop. Disappointingly enough, I feel this might not be the first pep talk I have to give myself on this topic.

Greek, on the other hand, is still going well. Accents were puzzling me but the information we covered today may actually help take care of that. This weekend will be key in making sure I'm on solid footing in both of these courses. I'm about to become Little Miss No Fun. Our Greek Facebook group, however, is not going very well. Less than half the class is signed up for it and no one is participating. Professor #2 and I are the only ones discussing things on the message board. I'm frustrated so I can only imagine how he's feeling. Although, he may not care...I mean, if they don't want to benefit from the added resource, what does it matter to him?

In personal news (that affects scholastic news), my headaches persist. I'm not a happy camper.

p.s. thank you to everyone who participated in my poll. If anything, it means that some people came by at one time to read this!

2 comments:

Steven Luscher said...

I learned this from a coworker the other day, and it totally blew my mind. Explained by Metafilter:

"Accupressure - sit still somewhere. Pinch, gently and firmly, the fleshy/muscly area between the thumb and index finger of one hand with the thumb and index and middle fingers of the other. Hold that steady, gentle pinch until you start to feel the pain ease (1-2 minutes). Switch hands."

Totally. Fucking. Works.

Anonymous said...

Great work.