Thursday, October 4, 2007

Countdown time...

Less than 12 hours until my first Greek test. We're having three of these tests, but the catch is that our lowest scored test will be dropped and our top test score will count twice. Basically, this means I should rock this test, which covers only one chapter, so that it is, by far, my top mark. Although, it would be nice to have solid top marks on all three, but just in case, I want a stellar mark on this one.

I'm surprised by how comfortable I feel with the material. The accents are still getting me, but I know all the vocab, I'm feeling tremendously stronger on the cases than I did earlier this week (thank you flashcards!) and the article, the part I was having difficulty with, agrees so well with the cases, that as long as I observe a few deviations, I'm set!

Watch, having been so confident here, I'll go in tomorrow and get slaughtered. Here's hoping I don't!

Latin, as a side note, is going well...but I think I'm going to do all the sentences in each chapter as soon as we begin them. We do a few of them in class every week and my class mates are much faster than I at translating on the spot, so I never get to answer. I want to make it clear to the professor on a daily basis that I am picking up the material - not just with the hand in homework and the quiz (which, let's be fair, haven't been my "A's").

My game plan for tomorrow is to wake up early, eat a great breakfast and spend another two hours on review. I want to nail attributive position and take the time to write out the cases and article again - I'd like to see if all my endless writing and rewriting of the paradigms has taken hold. I believe it has. We have 1.5 hours for the test and I fully intend to take as much of that time as necessary. I don't care if I'm the only person there, I'm not leaving until I have gone over the test with a fine comb, dealing with accents, breathings, attributive position etc.

No comments: