Sunday, December 9, 2007

Track down this murderer! He must be found!!

Studying at home is much better. I didn't believe it was at first and I felt like I wasn't getting all I could from my sessions, but after the coffee shop nightmare, I'm much happier at home. I've spent the entire weekend inside with books and music. When James isn't home I can listen to whatever I want on the main system and when he is home, I have my iPod set up at my desk.
My musical selections have been primarily musicals. They're songs that I know and could sing in my sleep, as well they have that orchestra behind them to give me a boost. I even put on Handel and Wagner after Kate's recommendation. Phantom of the Opera and Showboat are still my front-runners though. I wish I had more of my favourite musicals on CD. So many are still on cassette and I couldn't locate a cassette player in the house to save my soul.

One of the final songs from Phantom has been in my head all day...."Go, swear to me never to tell...the secret you know of the angel in hell!!"

I don't know what has happened, but things have come together in Greek. And in my understanding of grammar overall. I reread the textbook from the beginning, taking notes and going over points until they made sense and, thankfully, things are clicking that weren't before. I feel a lot more confident about my ability to grasp and deal with language study now, but I've got the feeling it's all a bit too late for this semester. My books are coming home with me over Christmas and I'm going to start the semester running in January. I can't give up and I can make it through this one year.

No comments: