Tuesday, September 11, 2007

dull pain

This week (ok, so I've only had two days) has been total hell from a personal perspective. I haven't had a break from these headaches, but I'm hoping with recent rain things might start to look up. As a result, however, I've had little energy to do much else than sit on the couch or lie on the bed. I don't even feel hungry. My senstivity to light is pretty high right now too, so all in all, not a great deal of progress around here.

I did, however, get my Greek homework done and had the drills completed (last week!) in advance of class today. I walked in to class while professor #2 was discussing me: our class has a Facebook group and he was mentioning that I'd posted a picture and had started the discussion board. Not exactly a great day to be even a tad late...oh well. He seemed happy I'd gotten things rolling online.

Latin is alright. I still think I'm making it harder for myself than it has to be. When I look at Wheelock, I become confused and muddled. But when I read a full piece of text, like from the 38 Latin Stories, I am able to do far better. Context is key for me it would seem. I feel bad for professor #7. I don't think the class is cutting her much slack and I really thought that as this is Latin III they would be far more interested. They're just not. I suppose I might not have been at their stage of the game either, but then, I didn't take Latin III. I kind of want to shake them and show them what bad things can happen if they don't make the effort now! (enter ghost of undergraduate past!!)

Now I think I'm going to grab a cupcake and resume moping around complaining inwardly about this headache (yes Dad, I did take something for it).

No comments: