Friday, September 7, 2007

Latin III and the impossible silence

I have mixed feelings about Latin. It has become like a rotten child that I'm stuck babysitting. I can't stand it, but at the same time, I really want to love it and cherish it...even if it appears to be out to get me at times. Thankfully, a number of my fellow new classmates seem to feel the same way. There was an eerie silence when professor #7 asked how far they'd gotten in the text book. Everyone downplayed their knowledge (fine by me, I could use a refresher!) and we moved back three chapters. Professor #7 is brand new and I like her already. She seems to have a lot of patience as well, a plus!

The mark breakdown isn't as forgiving as Greek, but with my new part-time status (yes, that was in question - apparently they expected full time tuition paid for a part time course load....tricksy university!) should alleviate some stress where marks are concerned.

This weekend will be spent in relative solitude focusing on Latin. I have to get my vocab straight since class left me struggling with silly words that I've let escape.

So far I've avoided any feelings of doom or fear. I do, however, think I need to stock up on aromatherapy candles!

Fridays are the only day when I have two classes - both Greek and Latin. Remember how I did all that Greek homework to prep for class? Well, as expected, we didn't get anywhere near it in our 1.5 hours. So now I'm well ahead for Tuesday. Great, I guess. Ha ha. Totally my luck.
I have a nasty 1.5 hour break between my two classes on Fridays. I'm hoping I can use this time at the gym, not in doing Latin homework - I'd really rather have that done in advance. Doing homework in a rush has always been bad for me.

In all, first week down. Both courses attended and no real crises to report. Job well done!

No comments: