Sunday, October 28, 2007

Readership down

Hmm, direct correlation between frequency of blog entries and readership? Likely.

I spent all of last week catching up on Greek and getting ready for my Latin exam. I felt awful about my Greek quiz on Friday - it was right before my Latin midterm and I really didn't give it any study time given how frantic I was about Latin. I started using a totally awesome resource from UVIC to help me study: this website is wonderful. Aside from the minor flaws, it has really got me going on reviewing previous chapters, especially the crossword at the end of every unit. I love crossword puzzles!!

So how did my Latin midterm go? Well, I'm fairly comfortable with it actually. I was the last person to finish and when I handed it in I decided I either knew my stuff of was totally and blissfully ignorant of the material. We'll see tomorrow. Here's hoping I killed it in a good way. I know already there were several mistakes that I made, but I'm hoping that overall I put in a good enough effort to get a decent mark. I could use the confidence boost!

The oddest thing happened to me though when I came home from the midterm: I had my chill time and then I wanted to keep studying! I wanted to study for the sake of knowing the material. That has never happened to me with a language before. I've never viewed Latin as a reward in itself - this was a pleasant surprise and I'm hoping this new drive sticks around for a while!

In slightly less educational news, Guitar Hero III for the Wii came out. My fingers are raw from playing. I'm glad my drive showed up last week, I'm going to need it until the newfun-ness of this game wears off!

1 comment:

Steven Luscher said...

You got Guitar Hero III already? Damn.